Valentines Days

Linkin Park in Basel - Valentine's Day

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Valentines Day Stuff Up

Oh my God, what a stuff up. It was Valentines Day in 2006 and I had searched everywhere for the best Valentines Day gift possible for my wife. I woke up in the morning very excited about the gift I had bought for her and the thought of a romantic day ahead. Boy was I wrong!
After a relaxing sleep in, I woke up and quietly sprinkled some rose petals on the bed that I had collected the day before. When my wife awoke, we embraced, had a long cuddle and then sat up in bed. She admired the effort I had gone to with the rose petals and reached down the side of the bed to get the present she had bought for me.

As I opened this large long box I was very surprised to receive a new gold putter that I had wanted for many months. It was worth a couple of hundred dollars and I couldn't wait to use it.
I reached down the side of the bed and lifted my wife's present onto the bed. She looked very excited and could not wait to open her Valentines gift.

As she opened the paper her face started to drop and I could tell by her expression that she was either confused or not impressed. She said what is it? I said a great new coffee machine. She said - "But I don't drink coffee". I said "I do, and everytime we have guests around you complain that you have to make coffee and make comments like - I wish we had a coffee machine!"
This was the wrong rationale and boy did she let fly.

My Valentines Day did get better. I think the $40 bunch of roses that were delivered a couple of hours later probably helped.

If you are searching for Valentines Day gift for your loved one or new found friend, think very carefully about what you buy them and ensure the gift is for them!
While girls will love flowers there are many other more intimate gifts that you can buy them for Valentines Day.

For a great selection of Valentines Day gifts including flowers, chocolates, roses, jewellery, perfume, books and other romantic gifts go to http://www.achievesuccess.com.au/valentines_day an exciting new website that looks after all your Valentine gift needs.

If you don't yet have a Valentine check out the Find a Valentine page at http://www.achievesuccess.com.au/valentines_day/find_a_valentine.htm

No comments: